The BB1 introduced anglers to several baitcast reel firsts, including the low-profile design, narrow spool, fully disengaging level wind, and no-knob palming side cover. It became famous for its rugged durability, casting distance and comfort. The ingenuity and craftsmanship of the Lew's® BB1 reels developed a loyal following of anglers that still carries on to this day. Since the rebirth of the Lew's brand, these anglers have been asking for the revival of the BB1 reels. Here’s the answer - the new BB1 and BB1Z baitcast series reels made even better than before with the use of modern technology and materials.
- One-piece aluminium frame
- Machined, double anodized aluminium, U-shaped large capacity spool
- A premium 10-bearing system with double-shielded ball bearings and multi-stop anti-reverse (BB1 and BB1L models)
- A premium 10-bearing system with double-shielded ball bearings and Zero-
- Reverse anti-reverse (BB1HZ, BB1SHZ, BB1HZL, BB1SHZL)
- Positive on/off Smart Plus™ Six Pin centrifugal braking system.
- Double anodized aluminium spool tension knob with an audible click
- Carbon fibre aluminium star drag system with 20-lbs. of drag power
- Bowed 95MM aluminum cranking handle with Lew's® custom SoftTouch contoured paddle handle knob
- Oversized titanium coated Zirconia line guide positioned further away from spool to minimize line friction and maximize casting performance
- Quick-release sideplate mechanism provides easy access to the centrifugal brake system
- External lube port
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.